Every Programmer loves free eBook and free courses, even more, if it comes from renowned technical book publishers like O’Reilly, Grean Tea Press, No Starch Press or Manning. In this article, we’re going to cover 50+ free python books for beginners, intermediate and advanced programmers.
Note: The books given below are listed in a mix order.
Table Of Contents 👉
- What Are Some Free And Best Python Books?
- Python Books for Beginners, Intermediate And Advanced Programmers are as follows
- 1. Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners
- 2. Think Python PDF
- 3. Python for Everybody PDF
- 4. Think Bayes, 2nd Edition
- 5. Full Stack Python
- 6. The Python Handbook PDF
- 7. Learn Python, Break Python: A Beginner’s Guide to Programming
- 8. Tiny Python Projects: 21 Small Fun Projects for Python Beginners Designed to Build Programming Skill, Teach New Algorithms and Techniques, and Introduce Software Testing PDF
- 9. Beginner’s Python Cheat Sheets PDF
- 10. Learn Python 3 the Hard Way
- 11. Python Data Science Handbook PDF
- 12. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Python: Best Practices for Development
- 13. Beyond the Basic Stuff with Python
- 14. 100 Page Python Intro
- 15. Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python
- 16. Learning with Python: How to think like a Computer Scientist
- 17. Cracking Codes with Python
- 19. Full Speed Python PDF
- 20. Making Games with Python and PyGame PDF
- 21. A Byte of Python PDF
- 22. Python Notes for Professionals PDF
- 23. Think Complexity: Complexity Science and Computational Modeling PDF
- 24. How To Code in Python 3 PDF
- 25. Advanced Python Tips PDF
- 26. Inside the Python Virtual Machine PDF
- 27. The Little Book of Python Anti-Patterns by Quantified Code PDF
- 28. Code With Repl.it: Python Projects for Beginners, Intermediate and Experienced Programmers PDF
- 29. Non-Programmer’s Tutorial for Python 3
- 30. Slither Into Python – An Introduction to Python for Beginners by Slither
- 31. Boxes: Your Second Python Book
- 32. Python re(gex)? A Magical Tool for Text Processing
- 33. Python Tips: Intermediate Python
- 34. Python 3 Patterns, Recipes and Idioms
- 35. PySDR: A Guide to SDR and DSP using Python
- 36. Python for Network Engineers
- 37. Algorithmic Problem Solving with Python PDF
- 38. Exploring Python Basics by Naomi Ceder
- 39. Python For You and Me
- 40. Beej’s Guide to Python Programming – For Beginners PDF
- 41. Object Oriented Programming with Python – Learn essentials of OOP with Python 3 PDF
- 42. Data Structures and Algorithms with Object-Oriented Design Patterns in Python
- 43. From Python to Numpy
- 44. Python 101
- 45. Learn Python With No Programming Experience: Why, How, and When to Use Functions PDF
- 46. Think DSP Digital Signal Processing in Python PDF
- 47. Clean Architectures in Python – A practical approach to better software design PDF
- 48. Think Stats: Probability and Statistics for Programmers PDF
- 49. Architecture Patterns with Python: Enabling Test-Driven Development, Domain-Driven Design, and Event-Driven Microservices
- 50. Programming Computer Vision with Python PDF
- 51. Natural Language Processing with Python
- 52. Problem Solving with Algorithms and Data Structures using Python PDF
What Are Some Free And Best Python Books?
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python, 2nd Edition
- Tiny Python Projects: 21 Small Fun Projects for Python Beginners
- Beginner’s Python Cheat Sheets
- Beyond the Basic Stuff with Python
- Python Notes for Professionals
- Advanced Python Tips
- Python 3 For Non Programmers
- Learn Python 3: The Hard Way
Note: We’ve added affiliate links of all the books for you if you want to buy the book. As an Amazon Associate, We may get a small amount of commission for referring you.
Python Books for Beginners, Intermediate And Advanced Programmers are as follows
It is by a big difference one of the most practical books about Python programming that we have found, along with Python Crash Course.
You’ll learn how to use Python to write programs that do in minutes what would take you hours to do by hand and once you’ve mastered the basics of programming, you’ll create Python programs that effortlessly perform useful and impressive feats of automation.
As the title says, the goal of this book is to teach you how coders think about coding, and it does a good job of it. Compared to the other books, it’s drier and organized in a more linear way. The book focuses on everything you need to know about basic Python programming, in a very straightforward, clear, and comprehensive way.
Python for Everybody book is designed to introduce students to programming and software development through the lens of exploring data.
If you know how to program with Python and also know a little about probability, you’re ready to tackle Bayesian statistics. With this book, you’ll learn how to solve statistical problems with Python code instead of mathematical notation, and use discrete probability distributions instead of continuous mathematics.
5. Full Stack Python
Full Stack Python is an open source book that explains technical concepts in plain language. This guide branches out on topic because your learning requirements depend on what you’re working on.
6. The Python Handbook PDF
This book does not try to cover everything under the sun related to Python. It focuses on the core of the language, trying to simplify the more complex topics.
This book is a hands-on introduction to the Python programming language, written for people who have no experience with programming whatsoever.
8. Tiny Python Projects: 21 Small Fun Projects for Python Beginners Designed to Build Programming Skill, Teach New Algorithms and Techniques, and Introduce Software Testing PDF
The 21 fun-but-powerful activities in this book will teach you Python fundamentals through puzzles and games. To learn more about this free python books pdf, visit the below given link
9. Beginner’s Python Cheat Sheets PDF
Beginner’s Python Cheat Sheets are more than just reminders of syntax. These cheat sheets have short descriptions of each major concept, concise explanations of how and why we use them, and short code snippets that show the relevant syntax.
The book is constructed as a series of over fifty exercises, each building on the previous, and each teaching you some new feature of the language.
This Book Is Perfect For:
- Total beginners with zero programming experience
- Junior developers who know one or two languages
- Returning professionals who haven’t written code in years
- Seasoned professionals looking for a fast, simple, crash course in Python 3
For many researchers, Python is a first-class tool mainly because of its libraries for storing, manipulating, and gaining insight from data.
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Python takes the journeyman Pythonista to true expertise. More than any other language, Python was created with the philosophy of simplicity and parsimony.
In this book, Sweigart takes you through best practices for setting up your development environment, naming variables, and improving readability, then tackles documentation, organization and performance measurement, as well as object-oriented design and the Big-O algorithm analysis commonly used in coding interviews.
14. 100 Page Python Intro
If you are already familiar with basic programming concepts then this eBook is for you. This book is a short, introductory guide for the Python programming language. This book is well suited:
- As a reference material for Python beginner workshops
- If you have prior experience with another programming language
- If you want a complement resource after reading a Python basics book, watching a video course, etc.
If games are your thing, or you even have a game idea of your own, this would be the perfect book to learn Python. In this book, you learn the fundamentals of programming and Python with the application exercises focused on building classic games.
- Are You Looking For Interesting Python Projects For Beginners, Intermediate And Final Year Students? If Yes, Then You Must Check Out This Post: 70+ New Python Projects With Source Code
- Which YouTube Channel Is Best For Python, C++, Java, C#, Flutter, Ruby, Rust, iOS, PHP, CSS, HTML, Go, Perl, Julia, R, Kotlin, etc? For Answer, Check Out This List Of Best Coding YouTube Channels: 100+ Best YouTube Channels For All Programming Languages
Another crowd-pleaser, this online guide opens intending to teach the reader exactly how to think like a computer scientist by using a combination of mathematics, natural science and engineering.
You’ll begin with simple programs for the reverse and Caesar ciphers and then work your way up to public key cryptography, the type of encryption used to secure today’s online transactions, including digital signatures, email, and Bitcoin. By the end of the book, you’ll have learned how to code in Python and you’ll have the clever programs to prove it!
By taking you through the development of a real web application from beginning to end, the second edition of this hands-on guide demonstrates the practical advantages of test-driven development (TDD) with Python.
19. Full Speed Python PDF
This book aims to teach the Python programming language using a practical approach. Its method is quite simple: after a short introduction to each topic, the reader is invited to learn more by solving the proposed exercises.
This is a programming book that covers the Pygame game library for the Python programming language. Making Games with Python & Pygame covers the Pygame library with the source code for 11 games.
21. A Byte of Python PDF
The book will walk you through the development of code for solving practical problems such as backing up files. Through the process, the author walks you through program refinements that help expand your knowledge.
22. Python Notes for Professionals PDF
This book goes beyond the basics to teach beginner- and intermediate-level Python programmers the little-known tools and constructs that build concise, maintainable code.
This book is about complexity science, data structures and algorithms, intermediate programming in Python, and the philosophy of science. This book focuses on discrete models, which include graphs, cellular automata, and agent-based models.
24. How To Code in Python 3 PDF
An introduction to computer programming with Python 3. Helps the readers in learning the key concepts of Python and understanding how programs work while also imparting foundational logic that can serve the readers in other domains.
25. Advanced Python Tips PDF
Learning a language is easy. Whenever we start with a new language, we focus on a few things like operations and loops common to every language, and it is a breeze to get started with writing code in any language. To learn more about this free python books pdf, visit the below given link
26. Inside the Python Virtual Machine PDF
Inside the Python Virtual Machine provides a guided tour under the covers of the Python interpreter for the curious pythonista. It attempts to show the user what happens from the moment the user executes a piece of Python code to the point when the interpreter returns the result of executing the piece of code.
27. The Little Book of Python Anti-Patterns by Quantified Code PDF
Learning about these anti-patterns will help you to avoid them in your own code and make you a better programmer (hopefully). Each pattern comes with a small description, examples and possible solutions.
28. Code With Repl.it: Python Projects for Beginners, Intermediate and Experienced Programmers PDF
If you’re learning Python, you might have asked “what should I build?” This eBook is for you. In this book, you will walk through through 15+ projects using Python (and sometimes NodeJS). By the end, you’ll not only have significantly improved your Python skills, but you’ll also have some useful apps to use and put in your portfolio.
29. Non-Programmer’s Tutorial for Python 3
This book is a tutorial for the Python 3 programming language designed for someone with no programming experience. Starting from no programming knowledge, the book teaches how to create programs with examples, explanations and exercises.
30. Slither Into Python – An Introduction to Python for Beginners by Slither
Slither into Python is an introduction to Python for complete beginners. No prior programming experience or computer science background is necessary.
- Take A Look At This Updated Collection Of 100+ Downloadable Data Science, Deep Learning And Machine Learning Cheat Sheets: 100+ Cheat Sheets For Data Science, Machine Learning & Python
- How To Build A Recommendation System Like Uber, Netflix, Spotify, Amazon, Twitter, etc? To Learn, Check Out This Guide: System Design And Recommendation Algorithm Of Netflix, Uber, Spotify, Airbnb, Dropbox, TikTok, Twitter & Other Big Companies
31. Boxes: Your Second Python Book
To get the most benefit from this book the author expect the reader to have a basic knowledge of the Python programming language. Knowing and understanding the contents of the official Python Tutorial.
32. Python re(gex)? A Magical Tool for Text Processing
The book heavily leans on examples to present features of regular expressions one by one. It is recommended that you manually type each example and experiment with them.
33. Python Tips: Intermediate Python
There is a lack of documentation on what to learn after getting the basics of Python down your throat. Through this book the author aims to solve this problem. If you are a beginner, intermediate or even an advanced programmer there is something for you in this book.
34. Python 3 Patterns, Recipes and Idioms
This book is aimed at more experienced Python programmers who are looking to deepen their understanding of the language and modern programming idioms. Much of the material focuses on some of the more advanced techniques used by libraries, frameworks, and applications.
35. PySDR: A Guide to SDR and DSP using Python
This textbook acts as a hands-on introduction to the areas of DSP, SDR, and wireless communications. It is designed for someone who is:
- Interested in using SDRs to do cool stuff
- Good with Python
- Relatively new to DSP, wireless communications, and SDR
- And more.
36. Python for Network Engineers
On the one hand, this book is basic enough to be mastered by anyone, and on the other hand, covers all the main topics that will allow you to further grow on your own. This book is not intended to be an in-depth look at Python.
37. Algorithmic Problem Solving with Python PDF
This book uses Python to introduce folks to programming and algorithmic thinking. It is sharply focused on classical algorithms, but it also gives a solid understanding of fundamental algorithmic problem-solving techniques.
38. Exploring Python Basics by Naomi Ceder
Exploring Python Basics is a collection of chapters from several different Manning books, blended together to give you a tour of everything Python.
39. Python For You and Me
This is a simple book to learn Python programming language, it is for the programmers who are new to Python. This book shall introduce you to an easy way to learn Python and be able to complete your own projects!
40. Beej’s Guide to Python Programming – For Beginners PDF
Hey, everyone! Have you been thinking about learning to program? Have you also been thinking of how to do it in the easy-to-approach Python programming language? Yes? Then this is the book for you.
41. Object Oriented Programming with Python – Learn essentials of OOP with Python 3 PDF
This book is the simple and definitive guide to the Python 3 Object Oriented Programming. However, this book uses Simple language to explain concepts. It is aimed at intermediate learners who already know Python.
42. Data Structures and Algorithms with Object-Oriented Design Patterns in Python
This book also illustrates object-oriented design and it promotes the use of common, object-oriented design patterns. The algorithms and data structures in the book are presented in the Python programming language.
43. From Python to Numpy
NumPy is one of the most important scientific computing libraries available for Python. This book teaches you how to achieve expert level competency to perform complex operations, with in-depth coverage of advanced concepts.
44. Python 101
The first part is the beginner section. In it you will learn all the basics of Python. From Python types (strings, lists, dictionaries) to conditional statements to loops. You will also learn about comprehensions, functions and classes and everything in between!
45. Learn Python With No Programming Experience: Why, How, and When to Use Functions PDF
You’ll find the below given topics in the eBook
- Discover why functions are needed in the first place
- Help you grasp the concept of functions at a deep level
- Grasp the difference between arguments and parameters
- And more.
In this huge catalogue of 50+ python books, this is considered as one of the best free python books for beginners.
The premise of this book (and the other books in the Think X series) is that if you know how to program, you can use that skill to learn other things.
47. Clean Architectures in Python – A practical approach to better software design PDF
To fully appreciate the book you need to know Python and be familiar with TDD, in particular with unit testing and mocks.
48. Think Stats: Probability and Statistics for Programmers PDF
If you know how to program, you have the skills to turn data into knowledge, using tools of probability and statistics. This concise introduction shows you how to perform statistical analysis computationally, rather than mathematically, with programs written in Python.
49. Architecture Patterns with Python: Enabling Test-Driven Development, Domain-Driven Design, and Event-Driven Microservices
Architecture Patterns with Python is the bridge between those who know how to program in Python, and those who know who to develop professional software with it.
In this book, You’ll learn techniques for object recognition, 3D reconstruction, stereo imaging, augmented reality, and other computer vision applications as you follow clear examples written in Python.
This book offers a highly accessible introduction to natural language processing, the field that supports a variety of language technologies, from predictive text and email filtering to automatic summarization and translation.
This textbook is designed to serve as a text for a first course on data structures and algorithms, typically taught as the second course in the computer science curriculum. This book assumes you are beginners at this level. The book will cover abstract data types and data structures, writing algorithms, and solving problems.
These list of free and best python books will teach you what you need to know to legitimately call yourself a Python coder. The only ingredient missing is you. We have done our work. Now its your time to show. If you’re beginner, intermediate or advanced level developer, we’ve tried to cover something for all the levels of developers.