NFTs or Non-Fungible Tokens are digital assets stored in the Blockchain. NFTs include Generative Artwork, Modern and Fine Art, Collectible Items, Music, GIFs, Memes, Video Games, Virtual Fashion, Discounts and Vouchers, Event Tickets, and Virtual Land. There are numerous questions regarding NFTs and even more regarding their subtopics. Here are the 50 most-asked NFT questions and answers
Note: Some questions and answers are related to NFT interviews, and some are the most asked online.
Table Of Contents 👉
- Top NFT Interview Questions And Answers
- What The Hell Is An NFT?
- How To Create NFT Art Without Coding?
- What Does Floor Price Mean In NFTs?
- How To Make Money With NFTs?
- Is It Illegal To Screenshot An NFT?
- Who Created NFTs?
- Why Are NFTs So Expensive?
- How To Make An NFT Game?
- How To Get Started With NFT?
- How To Make A NFT For Free?
- What Does Sweep The Floor Mean In NFT?
- Can You Sell Physical Art As NFT?
- How To Transfer NFT To Another Wallet?
- Where To Sell NFT Art?
- How To Earn Money By Playing NFT Games?
- What Are the Best NFT Games?
- What Is A 1/1 NFT?
- How To Convert Jpg To NFT?
- How To Make 3D NFT Art?
- How To Price An NFT?
- What Is An NFT Drop?
- What Is Staking NFT?
- How To Check Rarity Of NFT?
- Is It Too Late To Get Into NFT?
- Do Google Index NFT Domains?
- How To Burn An NFT?
- How To Reveal An NFT?
- Why Do People Hate NFTs?
- What Does It Mean To Burn An NFT?
- What Is A Blue Chip NFT?
- How To Turn Physical Art Into NFT?
- How To Add Utility To An NFT?
- How To Make Animated NFT?
- How To Sell NFT Without Gas Fee?
- What Is An NFT Dividend?
- What Is An NFT Event?
- Can You Delete An NFT?
- How To Build An NFT Community?
- How Do NFT Marketplaces Make Money?
- What Does It Mean To Mint An NFT?
- How Much Does It Cost To Create An NFT?
- How Much Does It Cost To Mint An NFT?
- How To Create An NFT Marketplace?
- How To Market Your NFT Collection?
- How To Mint An NFT For Free?
- What Is A Whitelist NFT?
- How To Launch An NFT Collection?
- How To Create A NFT Collection?
- How To Turn A Painting Into An NFT?
- How To Know Which NFT To Buy?
- How Are NFTs Different From Cryptocurrencies?
- What Are The Benefits Of NFTs?
- How Are Smart Contracts Useful For NFTs?
- What Is The Ideal Practice For Pricing NFTs?
- What Are The Notable Challenges In The NFT Landscape?
- What Is Sleep Minting In NFTs?
- Is It Possible To Change NFT Metadata?
- What Are Some Examples Of Popular Brands Using NFTs?
Top NFT Interview Questions And Answers
What The Hell Is An NFT?
NFT means Non-Fungible Tokens or, in other words, unexchangeable and digitally owned real-world pieces of art. They show ownership of a digital item that can be bought or sold on NFT marketplaces using Cryptocurrencies.
How To Create NFT Art Without Coding?
You don’t need to know coding to create an NFT. You only need a crypto wallet, a linked NFT marketplace account, and a digital file to sell. That digital file can be anything, from memes to music to gifs to fine art. If you don’t have any art of image, You can try this type of tools to generate NFTs.
What Does Floor Price Mean In NFTs?
The Floor Price in NFTs means the lowest price of an NFT. The owner of the NFT decides it. Imagine buying the cheapest bored-ape from a BAYC collection.
How To Make Money With NFTs?
You can make money in the NFT marketplace via two methods. Either buy an NFT when it is at a relatively low price and sell when it is at a high margin. For that, You can use tools like rarity finder or rarity sniper to find rare NFTs at a low price as fast as possible. Or you can create your own NFTs for free and sell them on NFT marketplaces.
Is It Illegal To Screenshot An NFT?
No, it is not illegal to screenshot an NFT. It will be illegal to sell that screenshot or pose as the owner. Using it in movies, digital art, or Youtube videos may cause some copyright strikes and intellectual property legal issues, as you are earning profits using someone else’s assets.
Who Created NFTs?
Kevin McCoy and Anil Dash created the first NFT in May 2014. It is called “Quantum.” It is a video clip by Kevin’s wife, Jennifer McCoy. The first mainstream NFT was “CryptoPunks,” made by Larva Labs in 2017
Why Are NFTs So Expensive?
NFTs are expensive because the creators and artists use supply and demand. Whenever an NFT collection is released, it includes items that are common in some NFTs, and some are extremely rare. It can include parts of an NFT’s clothes or even a sponsorship with a renowned brand.
NFTs also are relatively new in the technology scene; therefore, in the hopes of booking a massive profit in the future, people are rushing in to buy NFTs at impossible prices.
How To Make An NFT Game?
Here are the steps toward making your NFT Game:
1. Have a decent knowledge of NFTs (Use-cases, NFT Ecosystem, Marketplaces, Scams, and Use of Ethereum in NFT-based apps)
2. Research already successful NFT Video Games (Axie Infinity, CryptoKitties, Sandbox, etc.)
3. Familiarize yourself with the outline of an Ethereum NFT game development project (DApp Development, Smart contract Development, Cryptographic token development)
4. Start your project with or without a team (Game visualization, description, scenarios, UI/UX, usage of in-game NFTs, game development)
5. Take interns or hire a team that fulfills the following roles: (UI Designers, Web developers, Web3 developers with experience in solidity, and Game testers.)
6. Use the following tools: (Metamask, Ganache, Web3.js, and Truffle)
7. Develop and test front-end and smart contracts for the game.
How To Get Started With NFT?
Here are the steps toward getting started with NFTs.
1. Figure out what an NFT is
2. Learn how to create an NFT
3. Find and choose a platform to sell your NFT
4. Set up a wallet
5. Connect your wallet
6. Create an NFT
7. Sell your NFT
How To Make A NFT For Free?
To make a NFT for free and to completely wave off the minting charges, we need to use the Polygon-Matic blockchain.
It’s a comparatively new blockchain that functions similarly to the Ethereum blockchain, but users don’t have to pay a transaction fee while registering NFTs.
What Does Sweep The Floor Mean In NFT?
“Sweep the floor” is a term used when an individual or an NFT project buys all of the NFTs at the floor price of a particular NFT collection or project. This term is applied to both retail investors and NFT projects.
Can You Sell Physical Art As NFT?
Yes, you can physical art as NFT. All you have to do is mint the physical art into an NFT using any NFT marketplace and scan or take photographs of the physical art. Also, keep in mind that the art should be yours. Otherwise, the artist might claim the NFT.
How To Transfer NFT To Another Wallet?
Here are the steps to transfer an NFT from a wallet. Let’s take an example of Metamask wallet.
1. Go to your account (Metamask), select your desired NFT, and click Send.
2. Enter the recipient’s public wallet address (or ENS, where applicable).
3. Pay the transaction fee.
4. You can then verify your transfer on Etherscan.io
Where To Sell NFT Art?
You can use many NFT marketplaces and online platforms to make and sell an NFT. For, e.g., OpenSea, Rarible, SuperRare, Nifty Gateway, Foundation, BakerySwap, Axie Marketplace, and NFT ShowRoom.
How To Earn Money By Playing NFT Games?
These are a few ways to earn money playing NFT games:
1. Earning in-game tokens and then selling them in an NFT marketplace or Crypto Exchange
2. Breeding cats in CryptoKittes and then selling the NFT created
3. Minting and creating items in-game and then selling them to another player
4. Staking tokens in games like Defi Kingdoms and earning rewards at a later stage
5. Buying cards, real estate, and weapons at an early stage and selling at a profit
6. Streaming and Publishing videos on Youtube, playing NFT games
What Are the Best NFT Games?
Here is a list of the best NFT games:-
1. Axie Infinity
2. Alien Worlds
3. Gods Unchained
4. The Sandbox
7. The Walking Dead: Empires
9. The Parallel
What Is A 1/1 NFT?
“One of one” is an NFT with only one token for the unique asset. There can be various copies of NFTs, but a 1/1 NFT has only one copy.
How To Convert Jpg To NFT?
You can convert a jpg file into an NFT by minting it. You have to upload it onto an NFT marketplace for sale, which mints the digital file and converts it into an NFT.
How To Make 3D NFT Art?
Here are the ways to create 3D NFT Art:
1. Learn 3D Modeling, Design, and Required software using online courses. Here is a YouTube tutorial regarding 3D NFT Art.
2. Create your 3D model using Blender or other 3D Modeling Software
3. Choose an NFT Marketplace or Platform to mint and sell your ArtArt on
4. Promote and Popularize your NFT by collaborating on projects and joining podcasts
How To Price An NFT?
You should always price your NFT based on its availability and demand. If it’s in multiple copies, its value decreases. If it has rare items on it, its value increases.
The buyer usually decides the price of an NFT. You can control the price using the Fixed Price and Unlimited Auction options.
This is because the timed auction gives the highest bidder the NFT after a specific time.
What Is An NFT Drop?
An NFT drop is the release of a non-fungible token project. A drop refers to the exact date, time, and generally the minting price of the NFT
Many NFT drops have purchase limits that apply to the number of NFTs you can mint in one transaction.
Purchasing at drop time is a great way to save money.
What Is Staking NFT?
Staking means that you attach and lock your NFT to a protocol. In return, you receive staking rewards and benefits from the NFT marketplace. This is done to prevent panic selling and to stop the NFT market from crashing.
How To Check Rarity Of NFT?
You can check the Rarity Score of an NFT you own by entering its ID in the NFT project section. After clicking “Lookup,” you will see all the properties and Rarity Scores of your NFT.
Here are some third party tools you can use: Nansen, Icy Tools, DappRadar, Ethereum Token Tracker, Rarity Sniffer, NFTbank, and CrytoSlam.
Is It Too Late To Get Into NFT?
No, it’s not too late to get into NFTs. NFTs have just entered the mainstream. Although you may be late for projects like BAYC or CryptoPunks, thousands of NFTs are minted daily, and some collections are also released in advance.
You just need to keep your eyes and ears open for an NFT drop or a rumor which can pay you well in the future.
Do Google Index NFT Domains?
No. Not yet. Google does not appear to be able to index NFT domains.
NFT domains live on a public blockchain and give users complete ownership of their stored data.
The primary benefits to owning one are simplifying crypto transactions by replacing wallet addresses with the domain name and quickly creating and hosting websites on web3.
How To Burn An NFT?
1. To burn your NFT, log in to the marketplace where you minted your NFT.
2. Select the NFT you’d like to burn, then choose the settings option and choose; burn token.
3. In some cases, you may need to navigate to your contract and click “write a contract.”
4. Then look for the burn function, enter your token ID, and click write.
How To Reveal An NFT?
Here are the steps on how to reveal your NFT:
1. If you are on OpenSea, click on your account and then click on the profile
2. Click on the NFT you want to reveal
3. Click on Refresh Metadata
4. Now refresh your web browser
Why Do People Hate NFTs?
People hate NFTs for various reasons.
1. They are not Environment Friendly (They leave a carbon footprint as they are stored on the blockchain)
2. NFTs are Unregulated and Decentralized (It gives room for fraudulent activities such as money laundering, scams, rug-pulls, floor-sweeps, etc.)
3. It is a speculative market. (Only Hypes and popularity decide the value of an NFT, not by how good it looks)
4. Intellectual Property is misused rampantly. (As Web3 gives anonymity to every individual, no one is there to prove the copyright or ownership of a real-life artwork.)
What Does It Mean To Burn An NFT?
Burning a non-fungible token means destroying it. Burned NFTs are sent to a verifiably un-spendable address, eliminating your NFT from the blockchain. However, transactions leading up to the burn will remain on the blockchain ledger.
What Is A Blue Chip NFT?
A blue-chip NFT is generally well-known, established, stable, and considered an excellent long-term investment. Blue chip NFTs are also considered a safer investment than most and have a proven track record of growth and value.
How To Turn Physical Art Into NFT?
Here are the steps to turn your physical art into an NFT:
1. Get a Digital Wallet (Coinbase, MetaMask, etc.) Open an account for an intelligent wallet like Coinbase, MetaMask, or Trust Wallet
2. Take a Photo of Your Artwork. Any digital camera will work because you want the photo to be a jpeg or png.
3. Upload the Digital Photo To OpenSea (Minting Process). OpenSea makes it a quick, less than 5 minutes to mint an NFT. All you need to do is set up your smart wallet, have funds ready to pay gas fees, and click upload.
How To Add Utility To An NFT?
Here are the various ways in which you can add utility to an NFT
1. Create Membership NFTs that allow for VIP access
2. Turn Your Artwork/Collectibles into NFTs
3. Give Early Access to Merchandise Sales to NFT holders first
4. Use NFTs for Shared Revenues with other Holders/Artists
5. Use NFTs for supply chain tracking
6. Turn Your Music into NFTs
How To Make Animated NFT?
Here are the steps to make an Animated NFT.
1. Create the Static Art (You can use photoshop, freehand drawing, etc.)
2. Import into After Effects (You can use the regular [Ctrl+I] shortcut or go to File –> Import)
3. Create a Composition for Every Trait
4. Create Animations
5. Create a Master Composition
6. Connect Dropdown Controller to Traits Compositions
7. Run a Generation Script
8. You can refer to this YouTube tutorial for reference.
How To Sell NFT Without Gas Fee?
You can list your NFT on Mintable or OpenSea for Free. On OpenSea, you have to choose the Polygon blockchain while listing your NFT.
It’s possible because the platform allows you to list NFTs without paying any gas fees. This is achieved by pushing the blockchain transaction forward to when someone purchases the token.
While choosing the Ethereum blockchain, this transaction takes place first.
What Is An NFT Dividend?
NFTs don’t pay their owners any dividends. It is not like any traditional investment. There are only royalties, no interests or dividends in NFTs.
What Is An NFT Event?
NFT events are showcases and exhibitions where NFT enthusiasts gather and talk about NFTs. Guest speakers are invited, new NFTs are revealed, and people buy and sell NFTs.
Can You Delete An NFT?
Yes, You can also delete NFT as well as an entire NFT collection on OpenSea, as long as your address is still the owner of all of the NFT inside the collection.
However, if another address owns a single NFT, you won’t be able to delete the collection on OpenSea.
How To Build An NFT Community?
You can create an NFT community through your work. People who find your NFTs exciting and useful will automatically join you and try to work with you. Here are the things you should keep in mind:
1. Define your audience
2. Set a vision
3. Choose your channels
4. Get people excited
5. Be trustworthy
6. Join podcasts
7. Join collaborations
8. Join NFT projects
How Do NFT Marketplaces Make Money?
There are various ways in which NFT marketplaces make money.
1. By charging transaction fees on each NFT sale or purchase
2. By charging companies for advertisements on their websites
3. By creating and selling their own NFTs
4. By indulging in insider trading and booking profits illegally (RARE)
What Does It Mean To Mint An NFT?
The NFT minting process is Similar to how metal coins are minted and put into circulation; non-fungible tokens are also “minted” after they are created. This process turns a simple file into a crypto asset easily traded or bought with cryptocurrencies on a digital marketplace without an intermediary.
How Much Does It Cost To Create An NFT?
Creating an NFT range from $0.05 to over $150. The Ethereum blockchain is the most expensive, costing an average of $70. Solana is the cheapest, costing only $0.01 on average to create an NFT. Polygon is free.
How Much Does It Cost To Mint An NFT?
The minimum cost for minting an NFT is approximately $70. Hidden minting costs include the initial and secondary sale fees and gas fees. The initial sale fee can range between 3 and 15 percent. Secondary sales can go up to 10 percent.
How To Create An NFT Marketplace?
Here are the steps toward making an NFT Marketplace:
1. Take inspiration and reference from already existing NFT Marketplaces. Rarible, OpenSea, Mintable, etc.
2. Choose whether to create an App, Web App or Both
3. Choose a Niche for the Marketplace
4. Choose NFT Marketplace Development Company or Hire Interns
5. Work on UI/UX Designs
6. Work on Front End Development and Smart Contracts
7. Test and Plan to Launch NFT Marketplace
How To Market Your NFT Collection?
Here are some ways to promote your NFT Collection.
1. Add your drop to the NFT Calendar
2. Use your social media channels
3. Create an eye-catching teaser of your NFT project
4. Get to the featured drops on the Marketplace
5. Ask your friends and colleagues to support your release
6. Start a thread on Reddit/Bitcointalk
How To Mint An NFT For Free?
Here is how to mint an NFT on Mintable for free.
1. Visit the official site at mintable
2. Once sign-up is completed, connect your wallet to Mintable
3. You’ll have the option to create a new item after clicking on Mint
4. Fill in the details about your NFT and upload the digital file you want to tokenize
What Is A Whitelist NFT?
A whitelist in the NFT world is a list of people who get early and guaranteed access to buy a new NFT at a specific date and window of time.
How To Launch An NFT Collection?
Here are the steps toward launching your NFT Collection:
1. Design Art That Will Appeal to Your Target Audience
2. Decide What Utility Your Audience Will Value
3. Share a Roadmap to Communicate Your Long-Term Plans
4. Build an Engaged Community for Your Project
5. Educate Your Audience About the NFT Space
6. Bring Your Project to Market
How To Create A NFT Collection?
Here are the steps toward making your NFT Collection:
1. Understand the basics of the NFT space.
2. Programmatically create Images & Metadata.
3. Upload your Images & Metadata on IPFS.
4. Read and write a Smart Contract.
5. Deploy a Smart Contract on Ethereum or Polygon.
6. Register your NFT collection on OpenSea.
How To Turn A Painting Into An NFT?
Here are the steps toward making a painting into an NFT.
1. Look for an Internet NFT art marketplace
2. Select a Blockchain (With or without gas fees)
3. Create a Wallet(For crypto transfer of fees and crypto received after the sale)
4. Purchase Cryptocurrency(For gas fees)
5. Select your art (Painting Images)
6. Mint and list your NFT
How To Know Which NFT To Buy?
Honestly, the hype will tell. If people are excited about an NFT Project, it will trade at inflated prices for a while. It’s better to whitelist them as soon as possible. Although it’s still not guaranteed to give returns, it’s a safer investment. Still, here are some facts you must keep in mind while buying NFTs.
1. The Unique Properties of the NFT. NFTs often come in the form of collections. …
2. Seller Verification
3. The Market Platform’s Transaction Fees
4. NFT Liquidity and Market Volume
5. The Price Performance of the Seller’s Other NFTs
How Are NFTs Different From Cryptocurrencies?
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) differ from cryptocurrencies mainly in terms of fungibility. For instance, when answering NFT-related interview questions, you can provide examples of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin to illustrate this difference.
One can exchange 1 BTC for fiat currency or another BTC without any loss in value. In contrast, NFTs cannot be exchanged for each other because they have unique attributes that are determined by smart contracts.
Moreover, while cryptocurrencies mainly focus on economic value, NFTs can use the programmability of smart contracts to provide various utilities beyond digital artwork.
What Are The Benefits Of NFTs?
You can highlight numerous benefits of NFTs, such as their ability to enhance the security of digital assets and facilitate the ownership of physical assets.
NFTs are associated with blockchain technology, which ensures their immutability and decentralized verification for enhanced security.
They help to solve issues related to ownership by allowing anyone to verify the owner of an NFT with specific identifiers.
Additionally, NFTs also address problems related to centralization by promoting freedom from the control of centralized authorities.
How Are Smart Contracts Useful For NFTs?
Smart contracts can have several applications in non-fungible tokens, including eliminating the need for trusted centralized intermediaries to validate NFT ownership.
Smart contracts can also automate the execution of NFT transactions and provide proof of ownership for non-fungible tokens. Moreover, smart contracts play a crucial role in creating sale contracts that facilitate NFT sales.
What Is The Ideal Practice For Pricing NFTs?
The price of non-fungible tokens or NFTs is determined by the dynamics of supply and demand. If there are multiple copies of the NFT, its value would be lower.
Conversely, rare items can fetch a higher value. NFT creators can choose between the fixed price or unlimited auction approaches depending on their preferences.
With the unlimited auction approach, creators allow buyers to determine the price of NFTs based on various speculations.
What Are The Notable Challenges In The NFT Landscape?
The NFT landscape faces several notable challenges. One of the most significant concerns is the environmental impact of NFTs due to their high energy consumption and carbon footprint.
Additionally, the decentralized nature of NFTs has led to a rise in fraudulent activities, including fake NFTs and scams.
Moreover, the current speculative nature of the NFT market emphasizes the fact that hype for an NFT project determines its price, leading to a bubble-like situation in the market.
The lack of standardization and interoperability in NFTs is also a significant challenge, hindering their mainstream adoption and use in various applications.
What Is Sleep Minting In NFTs?
Sleep Minting is a significant security issue in the world of NFTs because it allows hackers to create ERC-721 contracts that mint tokens in other accounts without permission.
To prevent sleep minting, NFT marketplaces can implement logic that checks ownership of NFT assets before they are listed for sale. Buyers can also verify that an NFT is not sleep minted by comparing the NFT sender and mint transaction sender with the correct address of the NFT owner.
Is It Possible To Change NFT Metadata?
Only the owner of an NFT has the authority to modify its metadata. Any changes made to the NFT metadata will be recorded on the blockchain network and updated across all nodes that hold a copy of the NFT.
What Are Some Examples Of Popular Brands Using NFTs?
Brands like Nike, Gucci, McLaren Taco Bell, Adidas, Pizza Hut, etc, have entered the NFT landscape to connect with their target audience and promote their products.